Wednesday, July 9, 2014

 

               Meringues with Lemon Curd



I love Meringues...and I love lemon curd, and until a few weeks ago I was seriously intimidated by the thought of making meringues. I had no idea how easy it was! I finally took the plunge and tried it. I was amazed at how good the meringue is raw! (Yes, I did eat some) The thought of it being raw egg kind of turned me off about it, but that's never stopped me with Brownie batter or cookie dough. (Aunt Betsy, I hope you're not reading this...) Needless to say, I'm hooked! In case you were wondering, they're even better baked! The boys loved this little treat. I will be making these again!




Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours, 20 Minutes

Preheat oven to 200*

Ingredients:
4 Large Egg Whites, room temperature
Pinch Salt
1 Cup Sugar
Baking Parchment, or Baking cups sprayed lightly with Pam

With an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a large bowl until they reach the soft peak stage. It is important not to over beat the eggs at this stage.

Check out How to whip egg whites

Add pinch of salt and continue to beat. Add sugar a little at a time until it's gone. Beat to stiff peak stage.

Dip Meringue into pastry bag and swirl onto the parchment. Bake meringues at 200* for about 2 hours. Meringues should be dry and crispy, not brown.

Add lemon curd. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment